How Do I Apply?
It is our policy to accept applications for employment when a position has been posted. Applications are accepted for vacancies that are advertised on our website, our job posting board located at the Municipal Hall, and selectively, in local newspapers, on Civic Info BC and various locations online specific to the position. View current employment opportunities.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the required documents are submitted to Human Resources by the closing date and time and that they clearly indicate how they meet each of the stated requirements in the job posting.
- cover letter (include competition number and position title in subject line)
- resume detailing relevant work experience and education
- copies of certificates and/or diplomas (if required for the position)
- current driver's abstract (if required for the position)
- current post-secondary transcript (student positions)
Applicants are required to submit a separate application for each competition they wish to be considered for. The Municipality appreciates the interest of all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Applying By Email
Email your application to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. When it is received by Human Resources, you will receive a confirmation email. Please send your application in PDF format, if possible. Do not send links to on-line storage systems such as SkyDrive.
Applying By Fax
Fax your application to Human Resources at 250-746-3139.
Applying By Mail or in Person
You can mail or drop off your application to:
Human Resources Department
Municipality of North Cowichan
7030 Trans Canada Highway, Duncan, BC V9L 6A1
How Can I be Notified of New Postings?
Take advantage of our notification system. By subscribing to our Employment Opportunities notification, you will be notified immediately when new jobs are posted. Go to our subscription page to find out more.
Any prospective employee agrees:
- that should a position offered fall within a bargaining unit, membership is compulsory and union dues will be deducted;
- that if employed, one agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of employment as outlined in the appropriate collective agreement, if applicable, and/or the human resources policies and employment practices of the Municipality of North Cowichan;
- that one may be required to show proof of the validity of driver’s licence, professional licences, and/or education when such certification constitutes a job requirement;
- to provide information identifying previous and past employers, to be approached for references; and
- that criminal record checks and security clearance will be required.