Student job opportunities for the 2018 work term (May to August) will be posted to our website in early December. Please visit Employment Opportunities for a current listing of available postings.
Please review the postings carefully to ensure that you meet the requirements and that you submit all information requested by the closing date (PDF format is preferred). Applicants are required to submit a separate application for each competition they wish to be considered for.
Candidates will be selected based on how their skills, qualifications, abilities and previous experience best meet the requirements listed in the posting.
You must be a full-time student in a recognized post-secondary institution during the current academic year, and you must be returning to full-time studies immediately after the work term.
To be considered for student position, please include the following information with your application:
- cover letter (quote competition number and position title in subject line)
- resume detailing relevant work experience and education
- a current driver's abstract (available free from ICBC, call 1-800-663-3051 or go to www.icbc.com)
- a current post-secondary transcript
Employment opportunities for students may be offered in the following areas:
- Parks: maintaining parks and washrooms, assisting with event set-up and take-down, helping build playgrounds and maintaining trails.
- Public Works: assisting with road construction and other municipal construction projects.
- Utilities: assisting with hydrant maintenance and watermain installation projects.
- Waste Water Treatment: assisting at our waste water treatment plants and lagoon in conducting tests, construction projects and landscape maintenance.
- Forestry: conducting silviculture surveys, doing fire and security patrols, conducting road and culvert inspections.
- Engineering: assisting with surveying and construction projects.
- Environmental: developing and presenting the Municipality’s environmental message to schools and the community.
- Planning: assisting the Planning Department with counter inquiries and special projects.
- Administration: assisting with maintaining the Municipality’s archives.
- Aquatics: lifeguarding at the Crofton outdoor pool and at Fuller Lake.
Jobs in Planning, Forestry, Engineering and Administration are open to those who are studying in fields related to those jobs. Jobs in Parks, Public Works, Utilities, and Waste Water Treatment are open to all students.