Download the Curbside Collection App
View schedules, receive reminders, and use our waste wizard to learn how to dispose of other waste. For iPhone/iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Curbside Organics Collection is every week
- Green bins must be less than 16kg or 35lbs
- Please continue to compost in your backyard
Please put these paper items in your curbside recycling container:
- Gable-top cartons for juice, milk, cream, egg substitutes
- Paper cups
- Paper fast-food packaging (that has a plastic coating)
- Ice cream cartons
Although these products are sometimes lined with wax coatings which are acceptable in the organics collection, manufacturers are starting to switch to plastic linings which leads to contamination of our organics material.
|Acceptable Items||Do Not Include|
Look for these logos !
Tips to Reduce Odours
- Empty your kitchen catcher frequently; wash or rinse containers as needed.
- Don't leave food waste exposed; keep container lids tightly closed.
- Line the bottom of your containers with newspaper or paper towel to absorb moisture.
- Freeze meat, fish, poultry or bones and put them in your green bin on your collection day.
- Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda, garden lime or vinegar in your containers.
- Store your green bin in a secure, cool, ventilated location.
- Put your green bin out for collection every week even if it is not full.