Learn all about our Forestry Program - its history, mission, and how it gives back to the community.
Information on this page may not be used for sending unsolicited commercial emails.
Not sure where to direct your question or comment? Call (250) 746-3100 or email email@example.com.
Natasha Horsman, Communications and Strategic Initiatives Manager
office: (250) 746-3156 | cell: (250) 709-5012
This number should only be used for situations that pose an immediate risk to property, public health, or safety: (250) 746-5112.
Office of the Mayor and CAO Division
This Division is made up of the Office of Mayor and CAO and the Legislative Services Department. The Legislative Services Department leads administration of all Council and Committee-related matters, ensures the Municipality meets statutory requirements, and oversees access to information.
- CAO: Ted Swabey, (250) 746-3117, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legislative Services: Karen Robertson, Corporate Officer, email@example.com
- Access to information: (250) 746-3116
- Council-related matters (e.g. agendas, delegations): (250) 746-3183
- Committee-related matters (e.g. agendas, delegations): (250) 746-3115
- To appear as a delegation before Council or Committee, complete and send in the Delegation Application Form.
Development and Engineering Services Division
This division is made up of the Planning and Engineering Departments. The Planning Department manages all aspects of development applications, including building permits, and conducts community/long-range planning. The Engineering Department manages subdivision reviews, oversees capital project planning for roads, water, and storm infrastructure, and oversees corporate energy conservation and management.
- General Manager: Vacant
- Director of Planning: Nelda Richardson (Acting)
- Contact Planning: (250) 746-3119, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager of Building and Compliance: Rachel Hastings (Acting)
- Contact Building: (250) 746-3165, email@example.com
- Director of Engineering: David Conway
- Contact Engineering: (250) 746-3128, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Services Division
- General Manager: Ernie Mansueti
- Director of Parks and Recreation: Don Stewart
- Contact: (250) 746-3100, email@example.com
- Manager of Recreation (Cowichan Aquatic Centre and Fuller Lake Arena): Jason Blood
- Manager of Operations: Ron Maylen
- Contact: (250) 746-3106, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Municipal Forester: Shaun Mason
- Contact: (250) 746-3100, email@example.com
People and Business Services Division
This Division is made up of all internal services: Communications and Strategic Initiatives, IT and GIS Services, Administrative Support, Health and Safety, and Human Resources. Together, these Departments support service delivery across the organization.
- General Manager: Sarah Nixon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of IT and GIS Services: Jason Birch, email@example.com
- For Mapping and GIS-related inquiries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Website-related inquiries, email@example.com
- Manager of Communications and Strategic Initiatives: Natasha Horsman, (250) 746-3156, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager of Health and Safety: Rohan Bender, email@example.com
- Manager of Human Resources: Marla Laycock, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager of Administrative Support: Vacant
Financial and Protective Services Division
This Division is made up of the Financial Services and Fire and Bylaw Services Departments. The Financial Services Department manages the Municipality’s operational and capital budgets and financial accountability and reporting requirements. The Fire and Bylaw Services Department oversees the Municipality’s four Fire Halls and bylaw compliance.