Stage 1 water conservation measures go into effect every year on May 1. Click here for details.
Information on this page may not be used for sending unsolicited commercial emails.
Not sure where to direct your question or comment? Call 250.746.3100 or email email@example.com.
This number should only be used for situations that pose an immediate risk to property, public health, or safety: 250.746.5112.
Communications and Public Engagement
office: 250.746.3206 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of the Mayor and CAO Division
The Office of Mayor and CAO includes:
- Chief Administrative Officer: Ted Swabey, 250.746.3117, email@example.com
- Deputy Chief Administrative Officer: Sarah Nixon, 250.746.3265 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager, Legislative Services / Corporate Officer: Michelle Martineau, email@example.com
- Deputy Corporate Officer: Tricia Mayea, firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning and Building Department
The Planning and Building Department manages all aspects of development applications, including building permits, and conducts community/long-range planning.
- Director, Planning and Building: Rob Conway, email@example.com
The Engineering Department manages subdivision reviews, oversees capital project planning for roads, water, and storm infrastructure, and oversees corporate energy conservation and management.
- Director, Engineering: David Conway
- Contact Engineering: 250.746.3103, firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks and Recreation Department
The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Cowichan Aquatic Centre, Fuller Lake Arena, and Crofton Outdoor Pool and oversees all Municipal parks and trail amenities.
- Director, Parks and Recreation: Don Stewart
- Contact: 250.746.3193, email@example.com
- Manager, Recreation (Cowichan Aquatic Centre and Fuller Lake Arena): Jason Blood
- Contact 250.746.7665, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Operations Department maintains our roads, sidewalks, bridges, water, storm drains, and wastewater.
- Director, Operations: Shawn Cator
- Contact: 250.746.3106, email@example.com
The Forestry Department manages the Municipality’s 5,000 ha Municipal Forest Reserve.
- Municipal Forester: Shaun Mason
- Contact: 250.746.3100, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Management and Information Technology Department
- Chief Information Officer: Jason Birch, email@example.com
- Information Management Officer: Alyssa Meiner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources and Corporate Planning Department
- A/Director, Human Resources and Corporate Planning: George Farkas, email@example.com
- Human Resources Advisor: Marla Laycock, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health, Safety and Disability Management Advisor: Rohan Bender, email@example.com
The Financial Services Department manages the Municipality’s operational and capital budgets and financial accountability and reporting requirements.
- Director: Talitha Soldera, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Manager, Financial Services: Walter Wiebe
- Contact Financial Services: 250.746.3100, email@example.com
Fire and Bylaw Services
The Fire and Bylaw Services Department oversees the Municipality’s four Fire Halls and bylaw compliance.