Stage 3 water conservation measures are now in effect until further notice. Click here for details on Stage 3 restrictions.
Information on this page may not be used for sending unsolicited commercial emails.
Not sure where to direct your question or comment? Call 250.746.3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This number should only be used for situations that pose an immediate risk to property, public health, or safety: 250.746.5112.
Communications and Public Engagement
office: 250.746.3206 | email@example.com
Office of the Mayor and CAO Division
The Office of Mayor and CAO includes:
- Chief Administrative Officer: Ted Swabey, 250.746.3117, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Chief Administrative Officer: Sarah Nixon, 250.746.3265 email@example.com
- Manager, Legislative Services / Corporate Officer: Michelle Martineau, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Corporate Officer: Tricia Mayea, email@example.com
Planning and Building Department
The Planning and Building Department manages all aspects of development applications, including building permits, and conducts community/long-range planning.
- Director, Planning and Building: Rob Conway, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Engineering Department manages subdivision reviews, oversees capital project planning for roads, water, and storm infrastructure, and oversees corporate energy conservation and management.
- Director, Engineering: Clay Reitsma
- Director, Engineering Projects: David Conway
- Contact Engineering: 250.746.3103, email@example.com
Parks and Recreation Department
The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Cowichan Aquatic Centre, Fuller Lake Arena, and Crofton Outdoor Pool and oversees all Municipal parks and trail amenities.
- Director, Parks and Recreation: Don Stewart
- Contact: 250.746.3193, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager, Recreation (Cowichan Aquatic Centre and Fuller Lake Arena): Jason Blood
- Contact 250.746.7665, email@example.com
The Operations Department maintains our roads, sidewalks, bridges, water, storm drains, and wastewater.
- Director, Operations: Shawn Cator
- Contact: 250.746.3106, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Forestry Department manages the Municipality’s 5,000 ha Municipal Forest Reserve.
- Municipal Forester: Shaun Mason
- Contact: 250.746.3100, email@example.com
Information Management and Information Technology Department
- Chief Information Officer: Jason Birch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Management Officer: Alyssa Meiner, email@example.com
Human Resources and Corporate Planning Department
- Director, Human Resources and Corporate Planning: George Farkas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources Advisor: Marla Laycock, email@example.com
- Health, Safety and Disability Management Advisor: Rohan Bender, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Financial Services Department manages the Municipality’s operational and capital budgets and financial accountability and reporting requirements.
- Director: Talitha Soldera, email@example.com
- Senior Manager, Financial Services: Walter Wiebe
- Contact Financial Services: 250.746.3100, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire and Bylaw Services
The Fire and Bylaw Services Department oversees the Municipality’s four Fire Halls and bylaw compliance.