2020 Road and Sidewalk Construction Projects
- This project will include: a roundabout at River Road and Chemainus Road, stormwater, sewer and water utilities upgrade, road widening, cycling lanes and streetscape improvements, as part of the ongoing downtown revitalization work occurring under the Chemainus Town Centre Revitalization Plan (2011).
Solar Pedestrian Crossing Lights
- Maple Bay Road / Stonehouse Way Crosswalk
- Victoria Road / Garner Street Crosswalk
- Tzouhalem Road / Jaynes Road Crosswalk
- Donnay Drive at Maple Bay Elementary School Crosswalk
- Henry Road at Mount Brenton Golf Course Crosswalk
Crofton Town Centre Design
- Phase 3 design - primarily on York Avenue.
Lakes Road Bridge Repair Design
- Structural concrete overlay and sidewalk.
Canada Avenue Bike Lanes and Friendship Trail Design
- Council Initiative Partnership with the City of Duncan
- Re-design of Canada Avenue from Sherman Road to Evans Street to include bike lanes, turning lanes, bridge replacements and related works.
Canada Avenue Settlement Repair
- Repair of settlement due to road widening and heavy traffic on soft soils.
Trans Canada Truck Pullout
- Construction of a truck pullout on the Trans Canada Highway at Tim Horton's restaurant across from University Way.
Trans Canada Multi-Use Path (between Beverly Street and 5883 Trans Canada Highway)
- Construction of path on the east side of the Trans Canada Highway from Beverly Street to McDonald's Restaurant
- Construction of roadway on Stoney Hill.
Maple Bay Road Bike Lanes
- Further bike lane paint line separation and improved signage.
Cowichan Lake Road Sidewalk
Construciton of sidewalk from Somenos Road to Marsh Road
Mays Road Widening, Bike Lanes & Asphalt Overlay
- Road widening construction to include new bike lanes and asphalt overlay between the Trans Canada Highway and Bell McKinnon Road.