What is a Subdivision?
Subdivision is the act of altering legal property boundaries. Subdivision applications involve the division of a property into smaller lots, the realignment of existing property lines or the consolidation of two or more lots in to one single property. The approval process allows the Municipality to review all of the elements of the application and ensure that the new lots meet the requirements of land use and development in the Municipality’s jurisdiction. Provincial statutes mandate subdivisions to be approved by the municipality's Approving Officer, as per the Land Title Act.
The Subdivision Division of the Engineering Department is accepting subdivision applications. Prior to submitting your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed summary of your development proposal and call (250) 746-3103 to schedule a pre-application meeting.
- Subdivision Application Process
- Subdivision Application Flow Chart [PDF - 403 KB]
- Subdivision Application Form [PDF - 584 KB]
- Subdivision Application Fees [PDF - 253 KB]
- Procedures for Online Applications [PDF - 720 KB]
To submit your complete application package you can:
- Request a file upload link by emailing email@example.com
- Send by mail or courier to 7030 Trans Canada Hwy Duncan, BC V9L 6A1 Attn: Development Planner
- Hand delivery to Drop Box located at 7030 Trans Canada Hwy Duncan (Lower Office - Engineering Department) Attn: Development Planner.
- Where a subdivision application is incomplete (form or documenation) the application will be returned to the applicant.