Development Services

Whether you are considering developing a property, renovating your existing home, starting a new building, or have questions about how the Official Community Plan affects development within your neighbourhood, Development Services staff can assist you.

The Development Services Department has a broad range of policy, regulatory and program responsibilities including:

  • community and municipality-wide land use planning
  • planning applications including zoning amendments (rezoning), subdivision, Official Community Plan amendments, strata title conversion, development permits and development variance permits
  • applications to exclude or include land in the Agricultural Land Reserve
  • building permitting and inspection services
  • related bylaw enforcement

Development Services Directory 


For tips on saving energy, visit BC Hydro's website.