Developing buildings and land in the Municipality is often a multi-stage process and usually involves interaction not only with Planning and Development staff, but with Municipal Staff in other departments (e.g. Engineering), as well as with Council advisory committees (e.g. the Community Planning Advisory Committee), Council and the General Public. The Application Guides below are designed to help you understand the various development processes and to help you properly prepare your development proposal. Please refer to the Other Useful Resources section for additional development process information and helpful links.
- Agricultural Land Reserve Application (links to Provincial Agricultural Land Commission site)
- A Guide to Development Permits.pdf [PDF - 239 KB]
- A Guide to Development Variance Permits [PDF - 182 KB]
- A Guide to Official Community Plan Amendments
- A Guide to Subdivisions
- A Guide to Zoning Amendments [PDF - 204 KB]
- A Guide to Preparation of Geotechnical Reports [PDF - 258 KB]
- General Subdivision Questions
- Landscape Requirements
Once you have read through the relevant Application Guide, you can prepare your development proposal and complete your Application Form. For your application to be processed without delay, you must provide all of the required information detailed in the relevant Application Guide. Incomplete development proposals will not be accepted.
Return to the Guides and Forms mainpage.