Official Community Plan
NORTH COWICHAN - OCP UPDATE
The Municipality of North Cowichan is undertaking an update to its Official Community Plan (OCP) - a document that guides decisions on how we use the land and how we can grow together as a community.
The OCP is a long-term road map for all the unique communities located within North Cowichan and is currently in the process of being updated. This update will ensure it meets North Cowichan’s ever-changing needs so we can continue to be prosperous and resilient for years to come.
At present, we are in the third phase of the update:
Review and comment on the draft OCP
This online draft version of the document and maps will include sections that relate to:
- Climate action & social justice
- Growth management
- Resilient communities
- Regeneration & protection of natural environment
- Food security & local agricultural systems
- Local regenerative economy
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ONLINE HERE:
IF YOU PREFER TO DOWNLOAD AND ANSWER, CLICK HERE:
You can also download a copy (21 MB) or review the maps through our online mapping system. You can leave your comments online or download a copy of the survey here:
November 8 Webinar
Thank you to those who attended the webinar and learned more about the new draft OCP, how it will be used in the future, and asked some great questions. The webinar was recorded and can be viewed below.
Feedback heard through this engagement will be incorporated into an updated draft OCP before Council receives it for discussion and potential endorsement in early 2022.
Anyone needing assistance or wishing to provide input in other forms can reach out to staff by contacting email@example.com.
- Sign up for our "Official Community Plan Project" newsletter
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@NorthCowichan)
- Connect with the OCP Project on PlaceSpeak where various surveys and discussions will take place (note: you will need to sign into your PlaceSpeak account or register)