Please Note: This webpage is under construction and will be updated as information becomes available.
District of North Cowichan Bylaws
Materials provided by the Province of BC
The following brochures answer basic questions about local government elections and voting.
The following brochures help potential candidates with the nomination process and general questions.
- Thinking About Running for Local Office?
- What Every Candidate Needs to Know
- Candidates Guide to Local Elections
- Foundational Principles of Responsible Conduct
If you’ve decided to run for local office, the four videos listed below will provide you with general information about what you can expect before, during and following general local elections in B.C.
- An overview of general local elections
- Who the participants are in general local elections
- The candidate nomination process and requirements
- Voting and taking office
For more local election information visit the Province of BC Website.
What you need to know about posting signs on highway rights-of-way.
Elections BC administers campaign financing, disclosure and election advertising rules under the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act.
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in BC for Candidates and their Financial Agents
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in BC for Elector Organizations and their Financial Agents
- Guide to Elector Organization Registration
- Local Elections FAQS
- For more local election information visit the Elections BC website
- Statistics information about voter turnout that includes data, graphics, and additional resources for researchers.
For more information, contact Local Elections Campaign Financing at Elections BC:
If you have any questions about the campaign financing and advertising rules in local elections, contact Elections BC at 1-800-661-8683 or firstname.lastname@example.org.