Stage 2 water restrictions are now in effect for all North Cowichan water systems
Date & Time: June 5, 2019 (6:00pm - 8:00pm)
Category: Community Meetings
Learn how to protect your home and your neighbourhood from wildfires:
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019
- 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Maple Bay Fire Hall (1230 Maple Bay Road)
Please register by email to email@example.com or call 250-746-2560
We’ve all seen the devastation caused by wildfires and structural fires. If you live in an area surrounded by forest, or if you live where homes are close together or even connected, this 2 hour workshop is for you! Come and learn how to identify, assess and reduce the potential risks of losing your home to fire. Topics Include:
- Understanding the Wildfire Threat
- Understanding what makes our homes vulnerable
- Assessing our home’s potential risk for wildfire
- How to FireSmart our homes and reduce the risks
- FireSmart Landscaping
- Introduction to the Recognized FireSmart Communities Project
Take home the information you need to reduce your risks!
Work together with your neighbours to further reduce your community risks!