Click here for all Council Meeting agendas, minutes, and to live stream Council Meetings!
Council Matters - October 17, 2013
October 18, 2013
At our October 16 Council meeting, citizens concerned about the preservation of Echo Heights filled Council Chambers. They came to support a delegation from the Chemainus Residents Association which made a case that none of Echo Heights should be developed.
Afterwards, staff brought forward a concept plan, as previously requested by Council, based on the principle of developing 20% of the 54 acres and preserving the remaining 80%. Council received the plan and had some discussion on whether or not there was enough support to forward the plan to several committees for consideration. In the end, Council agreed to have the Chemainus Advisory Committee, the Community Planning Advisory Committee and the Climate Change Advisory Committee review the plan and make recommendations to Council.
Recommendations from these committees will be considered at a subsequent Council meeting. Following that meeting, Council intends to hold a public meeting in Chemainus to allow the general public opportunity to comment on the plan.
If you have an opinion on the future of the Echo Heights property, please feel free to attend any or all of the planned meetings.
For more information, please feel free to contact me.