Stage 2 water restrictions are now in effect for all North Cowichan water systems
Climate Change Advisory Committee Member Needed
May 13, 2014A volunteer is needed to serve on North Cowichans Climate Change Advisory Committee. This Committee advises Council on ways to:
(1) comply with British Columbias Climate Action Charter;
(2) provide stewardship of North Cowichans ecological assets;
(3) foster North Cowichans environmental well-being;
(4) address climate change and environmental issues;
(5) promote public awareness of climate change and the environment;
(6) resolve potential environmental problems and issues; and
(7) co-operate with the Cowichan Valley Regional District on climate change and environmental issues.
Participation will require approximately 4 to 6 hours of your time each month. You will be rewarded by the satisfaction of helping your community flourish.
If you have expertise in climate change or the environment, please visit our website or call 250-746-3114 for anapplication. Applications will be received until 4:30 p.m., Monday, June 2, 2014.