Learn more about North Cowichan's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
BOIL WATER ADVISORY NOTIFICATION - CHEMAINUS Water System
June 15, 2015June 15, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
North Cowichan, BC - In consultation with Island Health (VIHA), the Municipality has decided to issue a Boil Water Notification for the Chemainus Water System as a precautionary measure. This Boil Water Notification is required due to a degradation in water turbidity which poses a potential risk to public health.
We are, therefore, advising Chemainus Water System users to boil their water (for at least one minute) before using it for domestic purposes (drinking, cooking, brushing teeth). It is still safe to continue to wash clothes and bathe in this water.
We regret the inconvenience that this measure will cause system users and are asking for their patience. We will keep system users and the media advised of any changes to this notification as they occur.
For updated information on the status and cancellation of the Boil Water Advisory Notification:
- Public Notices underLatest News or on our homepage at www.northcowichan.ca
- Call the Municipality of North Cowichan's Operations Info Line at (250) 746-3106.
- Call Island Health (VIHA) at (250) 737-2010.
- Monitor local radio, television and newspapers.
- Watch for updates on Public Bulletin Boards and Community Mailboxes.
- Visit http://www.viha.ca/mho/water/boil_water/