Stage 2 water restrictions are now in effect for all North Cowichan water systems
North Cowichan Eager to Hear from Farmers about Drainage
November 16, 2016
(November 16, 2016, North Cowichan, BC) Did you know that the Municipality of North Cowichan has an Agricultural Advisory Committee that is made up of local farmers and producers? This Committee advises Council on ways to implement North Cowichan's Strategic Agricultural Plan and other matters related to agricultural land use.
The Committee is aware that drainage, particularly during the wet, winter months, is a challenge for many farmers. If you're a farmer or involved in the farming business, Council wants to hear from you! Please join us for a town hall meeting to discuss:
- What drainage issues do you face on a regular basis?
- How are you currently dealing with those issues?
- What help or support do you need?
The meeting details are as follows:
- Date: Monday, November 28
- Time: 5:00 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Cowichan Valley Inn (6474 Trans-Canada Highway, Duncan)
- Meeting format: short overview from the Committee and North Cowichan staff followed by roundtable discussion
A Facebook event page has been set up for this town hall. Please share the link with your friends and neighbours: http://ow.ly/ILIb306fbh5