Stage 2 water restrictions are now in effect for all North Cowichan water systems
Get Involved with Budget 2019!
October 22, 2018
(October 22, 2018, North Cowichan, BC) The Municipality of North Cowichan invites residents to get involved in development of the 2019 budget. This is everyones opportunity to learn about the services paid for with property taxes, upcoming projects planned for your neighbourhood, and provide input on future priorities.
Engaged communities are strong communities, says Jon Lefebure, Mayor of North Cowichan, and we want to hear from residents early on in the budget development process. By giving your input early, Council will be able to use what they hear to guide aspects of the final budget.
- Attending an Open House
- Monday, October 29 (6:00 8:00 p.m.), Ramada Hotel, Duncan
- Thursday, November 1 (6:00 8:00 p.m.), Crofton Community Centre
- Tuesday, November 6 (6:00 8:00 p.m.), Chemainus Seniors Centre
2. Engaging online with PlaceSpeak (same material as presented at the Open Houses)
3. Learning all about how your tax dollars are spent with our NEW budget simulation tool, Citizen Budget
Feedback gathered through these activities will be considered by Council as the 2019 budget develops over the next several months. Council will adopt the final 2019 budget in May of next year.