Read about Council's vision and priorities.
Off Leash Dog Areas
May 3, 2018
The sun is out and many residents are wondering where they can take their dog for an off-leash romp in the park. Certain areas around North Cowichan are designated as off-leash areas where responsible dog owners can let their pooch run, play and enjoy a social environment. Owners are reminded that these areas are not exclusively for dogs and are shared with all users; supervision of your off-leash pup is important so that all users have a positive experience.
The Animal Control Bylaw allows dogs to be off leash in the following areas; please note date restrictions apply in some areas:
- Chemainus Lake Park;
- Herd Road Park;
- Osborne Bay Park;
- Somenos Dog Park;
- Fuller Lake Park boat launch area where designated by signs;
- Chemainus Ball Park, from September 1 to March 15;
- Kin Beach Park foreshore, from October 1 to June 15; and,
- Maple Bay Beach foreshore, from October 1 to June 15.
- Wul'aam' (Echo) Park; and
- Within the Municipal Forest Reserve