Learn more about North Cowichan's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Off Leash Dog Areas
May 3, 2018
The sun is out and many residents are wondering where they can take their dog for an off-leash romp in the park. Certain areas around North Cowichan are designated as off-leash areas where responsible dog owners can let their pooch run, play and enjoy a social environment. Owners are reminded that these areas are not exclusively for dogs and are shared with all users; supervision of your off-leash pup is important so that all users have a positive experience.
The Animal Control Bylaw allows dogs to be off leash in the following areas; please note date restrictions apply in some areas:
- Chemainus Lake Park;
- Herd Road Park;
- Osborne Bay Park;
- Somenos Dog Park;
- Fuller Lake Park boat launch area where designated by signs;
- Chemainus Ball Park, from September 1 to March 15;
- Kin Beach Park foreshore, from October 1 to June 15; and,
- Maple Bay Beach foreshore, from October 1 to June 15.
- Wul'aam' (Echo) Park; and
- Within the Municipal Forest Reserve