Council meetings continue to be held virtually, and residents can participate via telephone, computer, or mobile device. Click here to learn more.
Enhancements to Booking Building Inspections
August 26, 2019
In an effort to serve the increasing needs of our building community, North Cowichan is making changes to its building inspection booking process. This new service is being provided to ensure the most effective use of time for our Builders AND Building Department Staff.
What is Changing?
Beginning Tuesday, September 3, 2019, all North Cowichan building permit inspection requests will be processed through the Building Department’s 24-Hour Inspection Request Service.
How will it Work?
- You will request your inspection by contacting the Building Department’s automated 24‑hour inspection request service line at 250.746.3102.
- To request your inspection, you will require the following;
- the project site address, and,
- associated building permit number, and
- type of inspection required, and
- your preferred contact name and number.
- Following a brief greeting, at the sound of the tone, you will specify the site address, building permit number, and type of inspection required, including your preferred contact name and number, and then you will hang up.
- All inspection requests received by 4pm will be conducted during the next business day. One business day will be added for all requests received after the 4pm cut‑off time.
- Building Department Staff will listen to, and remove your requested inspection message from the automated system and enter it into our electronic inspection scheduling system for your Building Inspector to see and conduct during the following business day.
- Due to the volume of and time required to conduct various inspections, along with the significant size of Inspection Areas, requests for specified times cannot be accommodated.
By moving to an automated, 24-hour system to receive booking requests, we aim to enhance North Cowichan’s customer service to our building community.
For more information, please contact:
Lane Killick, Chief Building Inspector
DEVELOPMENT AND ENGINEERING DIVISION | BUILDING DEPARTMENT
T: 250.746.3126 | email@example.com