Learn where, when, and how you can vote in this October's Local General Election.
Notice of Special Council Meeting
Notice is given that a Special Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the social/physical distancing measures put in place by the Provincial Health Officer, this meeting will be held electronically and the public will not be permitted to attend in person, nor will a facility be made available for the public to attend to watch the meeting. This action is consistent with Ministerial Order No. M083 made by the Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General on March 26, 2020, which allows municipalities to hold open meetings electronically without the public in attendance.
The purpose of this meeting is to consider:
- First three readings and adoption to Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 3784; Revenue Anticipation Borrowing Bylaw No. 3783; 2020 - 2024 Financial Plan Bylaw No. 3785; and Tax Rates Bylaw No. 3786;
- An amendment to the RCMP Detachment Alternate Approval Process Communication Plan;
- A Quarterly Status Update on the projects identified within the 2019-2022 Council Strategic Plan;
- The impact of the Ministerial Orders on electronic Council meetings, bylaws and bylaw enforcement officers’ role in assisting public health officers with the implementation of the COVID-19 public health orders; and
- Other matters closed to the public under sections 90(1) (c) labour, (e) land improvement, (j) section 22 of the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.
Council encourages members of the public to submit their input or questions about any agenda item to the Manager, Legislative Services, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance of the meeting (must be received at least 30 minutes in advance of the meeting). Submissions received will be read out on the individual’s behalf during the Public Input portion of the agenda.
This meeting will be live-streamed so residents can view the Council debate from home. View the live-stream by visiting www.northcowichan.ca / hover your mouse over ‘Municipal Hall’ / click on ‘Agendas, Minutes and Video’ / scroll down the page and click on the ‘Live Stream Viewer’ link.