We are exploring options for the management of the Municipal Forest Reserve, and we want to hear from you!
Notice of Special Council Meeting
Notice is given that a special meeting of Council for the District of North Cowichan will be held on Thursday, October 7, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. by electronic means to consider the following matters:
- Council Procedure Amendment Bylaw;
- Permissive Tax Exemption Amendment Bylaw;
- Fire Protection Bylaw;
- Delegation of Authority Amendment Bylaw;
- Two amendments to the Fees and Charges Bylaw;
- Development Variance Permit application from School District 79;
- Biodiversity Protection Policy;
- Two temporary mobile home permit applications for 3974 Sahtlam Road and 6726 Martin Road;
- Three motions introduced by Councillors Douglas, Justice and Marsh in relation to downzoning 9090 Trans-Canada Hwy, delegation requests submitted by development applicants, and conservation design and site adaptive planning discussion; and
- Two in-camera matters closed under section 90(1) of the Community Charter relating to (1) labour and (2) negotiations/relations with an aboriginal government.
This meeting will be conducted by video conference using the Cisco Webex platform. This meeting, though electronic, is open to the public. Anyone wishing to participate in the meeting may do so electronically by joining the meeting using a computer, smartphone or tablet. Please visit www.northcowichan.ca/virtualmeeting for instructions on how you can join this meeting, and the link to join.
The Municipal Hall, located at 7030 Trans-Canada Highway, Duncan, will be made available for members of the public to observe the meeting. Due to COVID-19, participants attending the Municipal Hall to observe the meeting will be required to wear a mask at all times and maintain appropriate social distancing of at least 6 feet. We ask the public, if possible, to participate electronically from the comfort and safety of their home to protect you, municipal staff, and our community as part of our collective effort to hold the line against this dangerous virus.
This notice is given as required by Section 127 of the Community Charter.