Building is here to help you when:
- you need a Building or Plumbing Permit
- you wish to install a sign or awning Sign Bylaw
- you would like to renovate, or put on an addition, or make other changes to your house or building
- you need to demolish a building
- you need to move a building onto a property
- you are going to change the use of the unit or building
- you are going to build a deck
- you have acquired Planning approval and now need a building permit
- you are ready for building or plumbing inspections, or ready for occupancy
- you would like to request a copy of building plans (available to the owner or their authorized agent)
Need help with your Planning Compliance Form?
The Planning Compliance Form is now part of the Building Permit Application Checklist. If you need help to fill out the form, contact the Planning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-746-3119 for assistance.
- Pre-Engineered Buildings and Structures
- Tiny Homes
- When a Building Permit is Required
- When a Building Permit is Not Required
Important Reminder - New for Building Inspections
Step 2 of the BC Energy Step Code will apply on May 1, 2021 See the April Building Industry Newsletter for details.
Energy Step Code Incentive Rebate Program
- Step Code Rebate Policy
- Step Code Pre-Construction Report
- Step Code Mid-Construction Report
- Step Code As-Built Report
Building Industry Newsletters
- January 2022
- October 2021
- June 2021
- April 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- April 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- September 2019
2018 BC Building and Plumbing Code
Effective August 14, 2019
The BC Building Code, Plumbing and Fire Codes are now available online at no charge. The free online access is available at www.bcpublications.ca, under the "Public Library" collection. Printed copies of the BC code material will also be made available at a reduced cost.
For more information about the 2018 BC Building and Plumbing Code, please visit the British Columbia Codes website.
If you have any questions, please email Building.Safety@gov.bc.ca.
- Heating, Ventilation and Cooling Industry Professionals - TECA (Form must have certification stamp)
- Ventilation Checklist for Residential Units
- Design Verification Report
- HPO's Illustrated Guide - Energy Efficiency Requirements for Houses in British Columbia Zone 4
- BOABC - 14. BCBC Energy Efficiency Requirements for Part 9 Buildings
- New Energy Step Code
- BC Energy Step Code Design Guide